Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Mother's Love

Compassionate, selfless, fearless, bodacious, and virtuous are all characteristics that describe my mother, Ernestine Mike-Petit. Affectionately known to many as Momma Petit, my mother is strength, courage under fire and a mother to many. 


In celebration of Mother's Day I wanted to honor my mother in a special way. As I think about my mother's love, I am reminded of my childhood traveling with the Miami-Dade Youth Council of the NAACP to the National Conventions without my mom. Momma Petit would place my daily allowance in a white envelope for each day that I was away, this is where the concept of being a steward over my finances and learning the purpose of a budget was developed. While growing up, my brother and I never went without anything. We had the best of everything! I have watched my mother work as a teacher, balance a household, participate in extra-curricular activities, endure countless eye surgeries all while maintaining a level head. Momma Petit kept us involved in extra-curricular, stressed the importance of education and taught us to effectively prepare for the future. My mother has always been a leader, often walking alone on issues that she felt was right. She has taught me to be courageous, possess my own mind and most importantly walk in my own lane.

Nothing can compare to a mother's love. I am grateful to my mother for keeping our family together, covering my dad and surrounding us with the best life had to offer. Even today I watched her work a miracle for me. 


No matter how old I get I will always treasure my mother's love. It is my prayer when God blesses me to be a wife and a mother I will be like Momma Petit, a relentless woman of God.

Happy Mother's Day to my cheerleader and grandmother of Styling Purpose. Thank you for your unconditional love and continued support!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making my job as a Mother very easy! I love you and my God grant you the desires of your heart!

    ReplyDelete