Passion, secrets, lies and the thrill of the affair, are all possible reasons why women engage in relationships with men who are married and emotionally unavailable. But let the truth be told, once you engage in sexual relationships the concept of clarity, common sense and moral integrity are not important. You JUST want him/her ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT. This led me to peruse information on soul ties. Here's what I located:
The Bible speaks of what is today known as soul ties. In the Bible, it doesn't use the word soul tie, but it speaks of them when it talks about souls being knit together, becoming one flesh, etc. A soul tie can serve many functions, but in it's simplest form, it ties two souls together in the spiritual realm. Soul ties between married couples draw them together like magnets, while soul ties between fornicators can draw a beaten and abused woman to the man which in the natural realm she would hate and run from, but instead she runs to him even though he doesn't love her, and treats her like dirt.
Soul ties are formed through sexual relations, close relationships and vows, commitments and agreements.
How to break soul ties
1. If any sins were committed to cause this soul tie, repent of them! Fornication is perhaps one of the most common ways to create nasty soul ties. Stop having sex with him/her.
2. If gifts were given to you by the other person in connection with the sin or unholy relationship, such as rings, flowers, cards, bras, etc. I would get rid of them! Such things symbolize the ungodly relationship, and can hold a soul tie in place.
3. Any rash vows or commitments made that played a part in forming the soul tie should be renounced and repented of, and broken in Jesus' name
4. Forgive that person if you have anything against them.
5. Renounce the soul tie. Do this verbally, and in Jesus' name. Example, "In Jesus' name, I now renounce any ungodly soul ties formed between myself and ______ as a result of _______________ (fornication, etc.)."
6. Break the soul tie in Jesus' name! Do this verbally using your authority in Jesus. Example, "I now break and sever any ungodly soul ties formed between myself and _________ as a result of ______________ (fornication, etc.) in Jesus' name."
It is not my attempt to become "churchy" or "religious" in this post, but this ish is real! I wanted to share with you the depth of soul ties. This thing is real people and it goes far deeper than five minutes of pleasure. It is why women stay with men for years and never get married. Why women have baby after baby after baby from the same man with hopes of marriage. Why men stay in unhealthy relationships knowing that their significant other is cheating. Sex clouds our judgements. Let's get back to the basics of friendship, dating, courting and love.
"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley
What's your addiction?