Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Being Mary Jane Week Two

"The woman who catches a man's eye earns a purse, the woman that captures his heart earns his world." Chris Brew. It is apparent from this week's episode of #BeingMaryJane that Andre loves Mary Jane. His wife can see it. That has to be a hard pill to swallow. So if Andre loves Mary Jane, is it safe to conclude that cheating on his wife was not about sex or an "outlet"? So, I'm CONFUSED, not by the show, but by the dynamics of men. How they think, rationalize actions. It makes no sense. I wish life came with a male dictionary and thesaurus. The statement, "I was going to tell you, but..." would be explained. Last week I stated this on my blog post and I believe it is so true; If men would just be honest with us so much confusion could be avoided. One of my favorite songs by Lauryn Hill excaims "it could all be so simple, but you rather make it hard." Why Lord, why must men make it hard? Will the real men please stand up.

In this episode, Andre proposes to Mary Jane. I won't lie I wasn't expecting this, especially after the intimate gym scene last week. I thought ok so dude must really love Mary Jane. Mmmh interesante, in my Spanish accent. Should Mary Jane be elated? Would you? It would confuse the hexx out of me. #Imjustbeinghonest Mary Jane has desires to become married, but who would desire it to be surrounded by so much controversy. I don't believe any woman wants it in that matter. I asked my twitter followers, do all women desire to be married. I am beginning to believe that they don't. There are some women who have been disappointed, disrespected and cheated on by men that they result to homosexuality, engaging in relationships with married men and have simply ruled out the possibility of being married. Whatever the case maybe, I believe we must regain our power. Women we have power! Men only treat us, how we allow them to treat us. Set the tone for what you want. If you don't desire to have sex on the first date, don't have sex. If you desire to wait until marriage to engage in sexual relations, then wait. The right man will support this decision. Ladies I implore you, DO NOT settle for less than what you deserve. This is my mantra and I apply it to every area in my life. I WILL NOT SETTLE! Will you?

Until next week.

2 comments:

  1. He does not love her. Men sacrifice for who they love. Men are confusing because we accept confusion. Request clarity and you be decisive as well. Dont ask for black or white and then one day you decide to send a text because of how you feel..you just invited gray back in. Lay expectations early on and avoid men who are unavailable, no matter what they say. Follow Gods word, tame your feelings and deal with underlying past issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice. I agree we do accept confusion. I believe we are afraid to ask for what we want. I was once guilty of this, until I had a come to Jesus moment with myself lol. Avoid men who are unavailable. YES, YES and more YES!!!

      Delete