Tuesday, July 8, 2014

They That Wait

Goggle defines waiting as the action of staying where one is or delaying action until a particular time or until something else happens. For some reason I am lead to write about waiting, the power in waiting and the purpose in waiting. Waiting is nothing new. We wait at the hair salon, barber shop, in line at the movies or at fine dining restaurants. Even if we have an appointment, sometimes that can be delayed by a couple of minutes, which means more waiting. On a deeper level many of us are waiting for spouses, jobs, financial loans to be granted, business opportunities to open, family members to become saved and a host of others.

In the spiritual sense we are taught that while we are in a season of waiting, we should pray, believe and trust God to fulfill his promises. The worst thing you can do while waiting is to worry. When we worry we are essentially telling God that we don’t trust Him, his word and his ability. Instead of worrying, just pray. I’ve learned there is power in prayer. Giving everything over to God and I mean EVERYTHING in prayer and believing he will do it. Sometimes God will have us in a season of waiting to remind us of what He has done for us in the past and to show us that He is ultimately in control. One of my favorite Fred Hammond songs is “They That Wait featuring Pastor John P. Kee

What I love most about Google’s definition of waiting is the latter part "delaying action until a particular time or until something else happens". I almost shouted! Let me reiterate that statement again, delaying action until a particular time or until something else happens. Until a particular time? Something else happens? We've all heard the saying delay is not denial and this is factual. God's delay doesn’t mean his answer is no, it may mean not now, but later or simply no because He has something else in store for you. Something bigger, better, and greater. God is showing me that he has something else. There were some past relationships that I wanted to work out, jobs that I wanted and God said nope, that’s no it matter of fact he said HECK NO!!!

This past Sunday my pastor, Bishop Curry started a series entitled Advance Praise. While you're in a season of waiting praise God in advance for what He will do. Act like it's already done. Before God blessed me with a new car in May, Faith is what I call her, I acted as if my old car, Diamond Princess (ratchet name yes I know) was a new car with all the new car amenities like, XM radio. I drove DP like she was a beamer, although far from it. I often joke with my friends and family and tell them that I switched phone carriers because if Tyler Perry calls me I need him to be able to get in contact with me with no problems. #RealTalk #FaithTalk

Currently, I’m reading Sarah Jakes book Lost & Found, in the infancy stages of my reading, but a pretty great read thus far. In the foreword of the book Bishop Jakes, states that all storms have an expiration date. While you wait be hopeful and rest assure that trials - unemployment, family issues, singleness, debt, loneliness all have an expiration. I want to end this post with William Murphy's song "It's Working."  This song has truly blessed and encouraged me at a point where my faith was diminishing. Everything is working together for my good and yours too!

Be encouraged. God has not forgotten about you.


No comments:

Post a Comment