Monday, January 19, 2015

Creating a New Normal

At the culmination of 2014 and the beginning of 2015 many of us set new year resolutions, affirmations and declarations. We examined our year, the ups, downs, aha moments and decided what we will and won't tolerate. Who we will allow in our lives and most importantly in our space. For me, in 2014, I charted into new territories and worked with some amazing people. I incurred some challenges, but through those challenges God strengthened my character and stirred some gifts. I decided that 2015 will be the year that I start living a limitless life, trusting God wholeheartedly.

Some might question, you're a christian LaShannon, shouldn't you already trust God? I should and I do, but not all of me. There are parts of me that still question, that over analyzes... situations, people, my current circumstances. But despite my need for clarification and attention from Him, He keeps proving over and over to me, that He has my best interest, He has my back and that He hears and understands me. Every cry, concern, doubt, fear, prayer, desire and plea all the way down to the thoughts that I have not voiced, He gets it! One of my favorite quotes by Oprah Winfrey is that," love is in the details" and it is! Last year I wanted to travel to the Bahamas for my Birthday, November 11, (Just in case you wanted a jumpstart on 2015 Birthday gifts lmbo), but it wasn't possible because I was working on a new project as a consultant and it was very demanding. Don't you know, before the year was over I was able to travel to the Bahamas as a guest of my clients. 
                            
                                                     #JesusDidIt 

That was enough for me to say have several seats LaShannon, just let God have His way. All He wants to do is bless you. Jeremiah 29:11 states, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil. To give you an expected end." Moving forward, I decided that I'm not going to question the Lord. Just do what pleases Him and keep it moving!

Bishop T.D. Jakes New Year's Eve message was entitled A New Normal. Select the link to view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-VdViSSV14. Simply meaning, creating a lifestyle that is not an answer to a quick fix, but a lifestyle change. A shift in your mind, habits, behavior, thoughts, patterns, this is not life as usual! This year I am approaching a new way of thinking in the areas of fitness, love, my business (www.stylingpurpose.com) and relationships and I implore you to do the same. What is your new normal? 

On a more personal note, on December 23, 2014 I had surgery to remove pre-cancerous cells in my cervix. With much prayer and divine intervention, I am able to report that ALL of the pre-cancerous cells have been removed. #SHOUT I mentioned this to say that God is a healer. He has the power to rectify any and every situation that we encounter. Because of this situation, I was led to create an additional platform of encouragement with my blog, on #YouTube called #ModelBites, like soundbites, pretty dope hunh :). They are weekly words of encouragement for the people. If you missed the past two weeks here it goes.  Be sure to subscribe to the channel as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw6AGYbgpRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w4tSbvHSEk


SPECIAL NOTE

Big ups to everyone who have supported my platforms throughout the years - My blog, which you are currently reading :), #ModelBites on YouTube and my business +StylingPurpose. Thank you for following #MyEyeonFashion on #Instagram, #Twitter, #Facebook, #YouTube, #Google+, #Pinterest. Much love, blessings and unlimited favor.


1 comment: