Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Move - positioning yourself to receive all that God has for you.

Two of my favorite Scriptures and now mantras states,  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen... But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11:1, 6 KJV)
It is my belief that our successes are predicated on how much we believe God to do or move in our lives.
The question is not can God do it, because in an inkling God can change our situations. The question up for discussion is do we believe that God will do it? Do you???
I consider Styling Purpose to be a gift from God. Now why would God entrust me with such a precious gift, who knows. I'm still trying to figure that part out, but I digress lol. Because of his loving kindness towards me I have given my company back God. In my many conversations with God, I told Him that I am solely dependent on Him. If this is what I am supposed to do, then you will provide for me, open doors that I can't open, because if you don't do it, it cant be done. Period, no buts, no commas, no semi colons. That's my reality! Have you ever been totally depended on someone... It's a scary feeling. To totally put your trust in someone, means that you are fully relying on their strengths and capabilities to fulfill a task or assignment that will ultimately benefit you and most likely not them #ohboy.  We see that many relationships fail because of a lack of trust and communication. For the past year I have learned to totally depend on God. To trust that He has my best interest in mind. It wasn't like I didn't depend on Him before, but I didn't consider Him my entire source. I was depended on resources (people, jobs) to give me what I thought I needed and wanted. These past couple of weeks we have literally traveled across the US during The Move Tour and I have been privileged to see some of God's many wonders and works. I have witnessed small ministries do amazing things.Although Styling Purpose is a small company in number we have been blessed to host three fashion shows, work with some amazing people  as their fashion consultant and go on a national tour with a Christian recording artist as her wardrobe stylist. I only mention our success to convey the fact that God is able to do much only if we are willing to let go, listen, be available and follow. 
 I do believe that  Styling Purpose is impetus of something much bigger for me. I'm moving forward and positioning myself to receive all that God has for me. How about you???

Follow my Eye on Fashion - It's 20/20 @StylingPurpose on twitter and www.stylingpurpose.com

6 comments:

  1. I sent in text messages to my friends when you left that one thing for sure if you don't learn anything else you will learn how to lean trust and depend onJESUS! And like a Mother's intuition it is so!!! May God Bless you my child...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen! I'm looking forward to working with you as a fellow woman of God, artist and last, but not least - Soror :o) May God continue to bless you and the work of your hands.
    TTBOD
    xoxo
    www.facebook.com/ActressAngelaGoldenBryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog Angela. I look forward to working with you as well :)

      TTBOD

      Delete
  3. This is amazing I am sooooo, happy for you & your ministry. When we hear the word ministry we think about a church or some organization. My view is if God is being glorified in your work it is a ministry. Blessings on your continued success.

    ReplyDelete