Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 The Breakup...2014 A Year of Love, Style and Prosperity

Happy New Year my Not Your Average Model family; We made it through 2013! Wooohoooo! Before delving into the purpose of this blog post, I would like to thank everyone who has supported my blog since its inception in 2012. I appreciate your support throughout the years. 

What can I say about 2013? It has been a year of self discovery for me. This year I realized that I am God's daughter and He wants nothing but the best for me and that I should trust Him and the process. I learned to dream BIG and it's alright to dream big. God promised to open up the windows of heaven and pour down blessings that I won't have room enough to receive and I want every blessing with my name on it. I understand that there is no limit to what God can do for me; And my worrying and reasoning with limited understanding is contrary to God's word. So STOP IT LASHANNON Lol.

In 2013 it was important for me to be physically fit and healthy and I am pleased to report that I achieved this goal. #wontHeDoIt. Exercising is apart of my lifestyle and I am pleased with my results. Starting January 7, 2014 I will be participating in Mr. Shut Up and Train 21 Day Challenge. Don't be alarmed people, it's FREE. Sign up at http://www.mrshutupandtrain.com/30daycc/ I am declaring that I will lose an additional 30 pounds next year. Mmmmh!

This year, I fell in like and in love with myself and found out that I'm pretty cool. Singing, "Can the cool be loved any more? Loved any more. Loved any more." I celebrated myself, every small victory and defeat that the Lord allowed me to achieve. I realized this year if I don't love LaShannon, no other man will. I am comfortable with myself and grateful to my family and friends who love me.

This year I reconstructed my company, Styling Purpose, LLC. We are now a multi-facet creative firm, specializing in fashion and marketing. Our new website will be available soon. Look forward to some wonderful things coming out of our camp in 2014. Follow us on Instagram and twitter @StylingPurpose. Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/StylingPurpose. Oh yea and book your wardrobe styling appointment at StylingPurpose@yahoo.com. Trust me our services will bless your personal and online presence.

I started 2013 with a break up letter encouraged by my Lifestyle Etiquette Coach LaQuisha Wlliams. In this letter I broke up with my fears, doubt, reasoning, unhealthy relationships and embraced change, my creativity, gifts and my awesomeness. I declared that in 2013 I would walk and talk Styling Purpose, because that is who I am!

From this letter came the affirmation I will not settle for less than what I deserve. For so long, I undervalued my gifts and services allowing others to do the same. I declared that I would not have time for an uncommitted relationship with a man while "performing" committed relationship duties. The latter was by far the hardest, but I followed through with it.

I read inspirational and self help books that encouraged my mind shift starting with 'I Declare" by Joel Olsteen and ending 2013 with 'Power Thoughts' by Joyce Myers.

A couple of highlights from 2013.

I was a wardrobe stylist for the First Christian Fashion Week in Tampa, FL.



I worked with Jill Tracey of the Love Life and the 411 as her wardrobe stylist and Glammarazzi Fashion for Jazz in the Gardens.


I was a guest speaker at Honey Shine Career Exploration Workshop.




I graced Essence Magazine online Street Style section while attending Ankara Miami Fashion and Cultural Show.


I was a guest speaker at the Royal Crusade Youth Conference. You know I love the kids.



I was a guest speaker at Beauty with a Purpose Workshop.


I had the privilege of going back to my college Alma mater, Florida A&M University School of Business and Industry during Homecoming and speaking to a First Year MBA Class.


I celebrated my 30th Birthday in New York City and South Florida. #Forever30andThriving






I modeled for my photo shoot. I can't believe it!


I was a Natural Hair model for #RoyalCoils #SFNHExpo.

I was a guest on the Internet radio show Ladies Playing the Field as a fashion expert.


Tonight 12.31.13 I will be a bridesmaid for #crazyboutthatbabythewedding. My first wedding wooohoooo!



I have proclaimed that in 2014 I will be walking in love, peace,joy, happiness, style and prosperity.I encourage you to be good to yourself and do things that make you happy.Support those who support you. Don't dwell on the people who didn't, but focus on the people who did.Have faith and believe that God will do just what he said he would do. Trust God and trust the process. 

S/o
To my mommy, Momma Petit for making the Miami Times. I get it from momma!


Save the Date
Ladies Playing the Field internet radio show will air every Wednesday evening at 7pm on ownyourpowerlifestyle.com.

My best friend Victoria Curry, the founder of Pastors Kids of South Florida will host the radio show The Life of a PK. Listen Monday, January 13, 2014 at 2:30 pm on AM 1490 WMBM. Follow them on facebook and twitter @pastorkidsradio

Chello presents Pure Magic 1.11.14. For ticket information visit www.miramarculturalcenter.org. 

Ankara Miami Fashion and Cultural Show 2.22.14 visit www.ankaramiami.com for more information.


Happy New Year! 

7 comments:

  1. Great job!!! May continued success be upon you! Peace, Love and Happiness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud of you LaShannon for all of your achievements! Congratulations and may 2014 be a Major Success for you and your Team! GOD Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shan for your support and words of encouragement. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. So excited for you, you had a great year and about to even surpass 2013. I pray love, health, wealth and more for you. Love you!! #PSforlife

    ReplyDelete